Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blog fav # 6-----my friend Jason

I want to preface this post by saying my friend Jason passed away in August.  I think about him often.




How I spent my morning....

I loved reading all of the comments on my blog as well as on facebook and of course, email.

But this morning, I was in for a rare treat........I was given a list of 13 ofhttp://teachinfourth.blogspot.com/ favorite postings like a "greatest hits"............



Now let me tell you about this blog.....I came across it last summer thanks to CJane and I loved three things about his blog.



1. He blogged all the time. A must for me. Remember, I am impatient.



2. He loves what he does, as I do....he finds joy in working with kids.



3. He takes amazing pictures.............I like illustrated blogs. :)



So there I was, silently stalking this blog.....and then, I just had to say something. So I did. Teachinfourth was blogging about the night before the first day of school. And I said this:


MindyElias said...
I have to say that I LOVE that you get nervous before the first day of school.......that tells me two things....One--you don't take for granted what you do. And I love that it come through with sleepless nights and butterflies in your stomache.



Second---you get your kids....you get that they are nervous as well. And excited :)



Those fifth graders only have one first day of fifth grade. You only have one first day of your 8th year of teaching....how cool is that? I'm sure it will be amazing because I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way! :)


August 18, 2008 1:00 AM



So the following day, when I logged on after a long day of.............vacation........ :).......I was anxious to read about the first day and I found this:



Monday, August 18, 2008

You only have one first day...


One of the best parts about school today was a comment I got from a fellow blogger who said,



“Those fifth graders only have one first day of fifth grade. You only have one first day of your 8th year of teaching....how cool is that?”



It got me to thinking.



I thought about it all the way to school.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



And I felt honored.



So for people that don't blog, they don't understand that you become friends with people you've never spoken to. You cry and pray when they are in accidents and then you send balloon wishes up because you feel connected----to the person who you feel you know and to others who are doing the same.

So that's my loooonnnnggg post about blogging and Teachinfourth and now, I am not grouchy anymore. :)



No comments:





This is a pic of Jason in a dunk tank wearing the Be Great Boys & Girls Club Shirt. He
Loved the message and this was one of his fav shirts......

No comments: