Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday jan 12 but about jan 11

If I could write my own job description, it would include duties such as historian and keeper of memories, manager and promoter of dance team, listener of teenage angst and surrogate parent.

Tonight, my dance team DAINOW performed at Chandler Center for the Arts. I can't explain here how much work when into getting my kids to this show. Let's just say a few weeks ago when I was "crying fighting for my kids" this is what it was about. I called in favors....literally. It was insane.

So last night my kids performed. I ordered pizza before because I didn't want them hungry. I sat in the front row from 5:30-8:45 until hey went on. I spent $10 to get in. And in the end, the old dance teacher showed up with seconds to spare and I was forgotten.

Must be what divorced parents feel....the one that's the "good time parent" always gets the props but the parent that's there every single day is forgotten.

See the picture.....can you find me????? Oh, that's right.

No comments: